Bazdarevic: I am willing to call up Misimovic

New manager Mehmed Bazdarevic has welcomed Misimovic's return to the Bosnian national team, who retired from international football after the World Cup last summer.

Since becoming manager, Bazdarevic hasn't been afraid to let it be known that no one is written off, even recently stating that Zvjezdan Misimovic, who is currently without a club after leaving China, would be welcome back.

"Misimovic never played an official 'retiring' match. I hope that he finds a club soon so that I can possibly use him in future teams. Why not make use of all the talents we have? If he's playing and has a club, I'll be the first to call him back up to the national team," said Bazdarevic.

Bazdarevic, who recently stated that it might be time to move away from some of the players who played under Blazevic and Susic, has a fine line to walk, as he still remains hopeful of qualifying to Euro 2016, while at the same time hopes to slowly start bringing in new names.

"I want to expand the available selection of players, not just for me, but for all future coaches of the national team. One this is clear - anyone, be it old names or new, has a chance to prove himself to me."

"I came into this job with one goal in mind, and that's to qualify for Euro 2016. We have to take it slow and go match by match, one result at a time."

"However, we can't put all of our focus on Euro 2016. We have to think about the future as well, and think about what young players can represent our national team at a future date. It is my job to qualify for the Euro in France, but it's also my job to build a foundation for the future," the Bosnian coach finished.